Autonomy Extends Market-Leading Social Media Capabilities to eDiscovery
Only Autonomy Delivers Comprehensive Suite for Social Media that Spans Sentiment Analysis, Compliance, and eDiscovery
NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- LegalTech -- Autonomy Corporation plc (LSE: AU. or AU.L), a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise, today announced new capabilities for identifying, preserving, and collecting social media for eDiscovery. These capabilities are a component of Autonomy's end-to-end eDiscovery solution, and builds on the company's comprehensive set of offerings for social media, which span marketing, compliance, and eDiscovery solutions. Powered by Autonomy's unique ability to understand sentiment, patterns, and concepts in all forms of data, the new EDD capabilities allow businesses to incorporate social media and rich media into their EDD processes.
Businesses today are rapidly increasing investment in social media, building out teams and programs designed to engage with customers and promote their organization through social sites. At the same time, new requirements in several countries – such as the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) in the United States and the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) in the United Kingdom – state that information on social media sites is now discoverable. Likewise, FINRA (The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) recently issued FINRA Regulatory Notice 10-06, which requires member firms to supervise and archive content posted to social media for business purposes. This means social media data must be managed in the same manner as all other enterprise data sources, and legal teams must be prepared to search for, identify, preserve, and collect this form of information.
Autonomy provides businesses with the industry's most comprehensive solution for social media, allowing organizations to drive successful social marketing programs, maintain compliance, and prepare social data for the eDiscovery process:
- Autonomy Explore – identifies, analyzes, and acts on patterns across all customer touchpoints including websites, mobile phones, contact centers, and social media data. By automatically understanding customer sentiment across all channels, businesses can overcome barriers created by disparate systems, point solutions, and organizational structures in order to increase revenue.
- Autonomy Social Media Governance – allows businesses to proactively prepare for compliance and litigation around social media. The product is an extension of Autonomy's market-leading supervision, policy, and compliance platform – used today by the world's leading corporations.
- Social Media EDD – allows businesses to rapidly respond to any litigation in which social media is relevant, by intelligently searching, identifying, preserving, and collecting internal and external social media interactions. These capabilities are part of Autonomy's end-to-end eDiscovery offering, which allows organizations to manage their entire eDiscovery process from a single, market-leading platform.
- Social Media Connectors – Autonomy provides connectors into thousands of relevant news feeds, blogs, and social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Additionally, Autonomy provides connectors to other customer-facing and internal systems – including call center, audio, customer relationship management software – to provide marketers and legal teams with a comprehensive and holistic understanding of a particular subject area.
Finding Meaning in Social Media
Social media presents unique challenges to organizations relying on traditional keyword spotting technologies to identify sentiment and concepts in social networks. Social media by nature is conversational, and filled with jargon, slang, varying emotional undertones (e.g. sarcasm, excitement, disappointment) and stated so briefly that context is difficult to discern. For instance, an organization facing a product liability lawsuit would have a difficult time using keyword tools to recognize negative sentiment in an employee or customer tweet that said "this new product is a dog."
"Autonomy has over a decade of experience in providing advanced technology to the world's leading government intelligence organizations to help them decipher the meaning of messages for homeland security, and this same technology is now being used to govern and conduct discovery on social media," said Mike Sullivan, CEO of Autonomy Protect. "Our work with intelligence agencies has been a great proving ground, as those communications are often short, cryptic bursts, similar to social media, which only our meaning-based technology can understand. Just as we have incorporated audio, video, email, and other data types into our eDiscovery offering, we are now adding social media as another data type that we can process."
Autonomy's Social Media for EDD includes the following capabilities:
- Intelligently search, identify, preserve, and collect internal and external social media interactions
- Integrate social media discovery with Autonomy's leading eDiscovery and information governance platform
- Create proactive policies for real-time monitoring and discovery to enforce information risk policies
- Preserve and collect social media subject to legal hold
- Meaning Based Computing technology automatically understands and draws connections in a range of data types including video, audio, email, instant messenger, and social media, giving businesses a complete picture
Please visit the Autonomy booth # 110 at LegalTech New York to learn more about Autonomy eDiscovery capabilities for social media.
Autonomy Corporation plc (LSE: AU. or AU.L), a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise, spearheads the Meaning Based Computing movement. IDC recently recognized Autonomy as having the largest market share and fastest growth in the worldwide search and discovery market. Autonomy's technology allows computers to harness the full richness of human information, forming a conceptual and contextual understanding of any piece of electronic data, including unstructured information, such as text, email, web pages, voice, or video. Autonomy's software powers the full spectrum of mission-critical enterprise applications including pan-enterprise search, customer interaction solutions, information governance, end-to-end eDiscovery, records management, archiving, business process management, web content management, web optimization, rich media management and video and audio analysis.
Autonomy's customer base is comprised of more than 20,000 global companies, law firms and federal agencies including: AOL, BAE Systems, BBC, Bloomberg, Boeing, Citigroup, Coca Cola, Deutsche Bank, DLA Piper, Ericsson, FedEx, Ford, GlaxoSmithKline, Lloyds Banking Group, NASA, Nestle, the New York Stock Exchange, Reuters, Shell, Tesco, T-Mobile, the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. More than 400 companies OEM Autonomy technology, including Symantec, Citrix, HP, Novell, Oracle, Sybase and TIBCO. The company has offices worldwide. Please visit www.autonomy.com to find out more.
Autonomy and the Autonomy logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autonomy Corporation plc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Autonomy Editorial Contacts:
+1 408 771 6668
Ogilvy PR (US)
+1 415 677 2739
Financial Dynamics (UK)
+44 207 831 3113
The Red Consultancy (UK)
+ 44 207 025 6529
SOURCE Autonomy Corporation plc